Salty and Sweet with a little Zing
That’s how I describe this wonderful smelling body scrub. Seriously, this body scrub is probably the best, naturally scented scrub I’ve made to date.
I’m calling it the Sunrise Scrub because it’s a great way to begin the day. The refreshing scent makes you want to get-up-and-go, and the coconut oil leaves your skin smooth and soft.
You may already be aware of the plethora of benefits of eating ginger, but did you know that it can make your skin appear more firm and youthful? Ginger contains around 40 antioxidant compounds that protect against aging. It improves the appearance of your skin by removing the toxins and stimulating the circulation, resulting in the delivery of more nutrients to the skin. It’s also been known to reduce the appearance of hypopigmented (white scars) skin, but ginger has to be applied every day for a couple of weeks before there are any noticeable results.
Himalayan salt contains numerous minerals that are important for our health – including calcium, copper, iodine, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, sodium and zinc – I used it to exfoliate, but it makes an amazing soaking salt as well.
Organic Sugar granules are less abrasive than salt, and contain glycolic acid that helps keep your skin moisturized and protects it from toxins. It’s safe for sensitive skin sufferers as well. If you have extremely sensitive skin, just use sugar rather than the mix of salt and sugar.
Orange Ginger Sunrise Body ScrubPrint This
- 4 Tablespoons Organic Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Himalayan Salt
- 1.5 Tablespoons Ginger
- 3 Heaping Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 5-6 Drops of Orange Essential Oil
- Spoon Coconut Oil in a bowl and allow to warm a bit.
- Peel and grate the Ginger, then add to the Coconut Oil
- Grind the salt into finer granules so that it’s not too rough on skin
- Mix Coconut Oil and Ginger, try to ‘de-clump’ the mixture
- Add the Sugar and Salt to the Coconut Oil Mixture and gently stir together
- Add the drops of Orange Essential Oil and mix everything together
- The scrub will be pretty soft at this point, just place it in the refrigerator (covered) for about 10-15 minutes to allow the ingredients to meld together.
- After removing the bowl from the refrigerator, mix it all once again, this is the wonderful scrubby texture that works best, just scoop out with your fingertips and gently massage onto skin.
* This scrub will keep for about 2 weeks when kept covered in the refrigerator between uses. Be sure to keep water out of the container.
* Be aware - the coconut oil may leave the bottom of a shower slippery after it's rinsed off.
Thank you for visiting and enjoy the scrub!